How do you ensure success with PLM? We’ve put together a complete guide of best practices for PLM implementation but to get you started, here are a few tips:
- Use an iterative approach. Start with a well-defined problem and implement the solution in manageable phases that comprise the complete project.
- Gather requirements at a high level. Plan near tern phases in detail and longer term phases more loosely as they will likely change in scope over time.
- Involve users early and often. Users drive requirements, develop use cases, validate prototypes and more.
- Don’t underestimate the value of training. Train your team early in the process so they are familiar with Aras.
- Test. Test. And test again. Create visual and behavioral prototypes to test and validate with users.
Aras takes an iterative approach to PLM implementation that is unique among PLM providers. Instead of spending months developing detailed functional specifications, we start with a well-defined problem and implement the solution in manageable phases. With each phase scoped to be completed in 60 —120 days, we put real solutions in the hands of users sooner, generate momentum among the project team and demonstrate tangible business results to stakeholders and executives on an ongoing basis.
Source : www.Aras.com